Today I was publishing a piece on Medium about getting unstuck in your creative process and remembered that I have more drafts here than I think I could ever finish.
It’s been over a year since I posted here and it’s all my fault.
Instead of trying to catch you up on 13 months of my life, here’s a brief rundown of the highlights and lowlights:
- I’m selling my house after 11 years of ownership
- 80% of my belongings are now in boxes
- I’ve taken up quilting and finished 2 in 9 months
- This year I lost my precious pup Jackson, my grandmother and my writing mentor
- Recently the world lost my friend Chelsea to breast cancer, fellow blogger Rachel to breast cancer and Mike to brain cancer and we are fighting for Quinn who has a brain tumor and Murph with leukemia (they are 19 and 3 yo respectively
So yeah… lots going on.
I would like to showcase the before and afters in this house but in all likelihood, I will close down this site after moving and start fresh. This blog has been going since 2007ish and it’s probably time for a new start.
I think the hardest part of this post will be hitting publish. I’m fighting expectations that this needs to have some images and an engaging question and be a certain length… sometimes the tools we use just become barriers.
I hope you are well.