When I first made over this pin board I made a few mistakes.
#1 I didn’t fully sand the frame which was plastic and cracked. So it didn’t take the spray paint well. #2 I trimmed the fabric to fit just within the frame which scratched up the white paint. Annoying.
First up I did the worst piece, ironing the fabric so it would lay flat. I had these 3 to choose from but I really liked the one on the far left (and Tressa agreed!) Oh and I checked the fabric and it was just light enough that the other pattern was showing through. I grabbed the ceiling paint and a throw away sponge brush from the garage and did a thin layer to make it (mostly) white before starting. It was so hot here it took 5 minutes to dry!
Sorry, no pics, I was working fast to keep it centered and to secure the fabric before the glue dried up. I moved across the board in sections, smoothing the fabric in place and when I got to the other end I started adding the decorative nail trim:
I picked this remnant up for $4 months ago with no idea where it would end up but I absolutely love it here! I paid $5 for 3 packs of nail trim (1.99 each pack and I had a 40% off coupon for one of them) so the total makeover cost is under $10 since I already owned the mod podge and nail gun. Not bad!