I know I posted these out of order because I actually did the master bedroom Friday morning, 15 minutes before I rushed out the door for an appointment.
(Above: Looking back at the bed – there are magazines and medications on the nightstand plus tissue from my 3 week on-going cold. To the left of the bed you’ll see the pillows the dogs knocked off in their play)
What I did:
- Made the bed (huge difference right there!) and straightened up pillows
- Straightened up blankets that I use to keep warm (again heat is out)
- Put away clothes including a few folded sweaters and lots of socks
- Picked up the clothes on the floor of the closet
- Put away magazines on the nightstand
- Opened the curtains for some natural light
And that’s it! I had very little time and wish I could have done more but check out the difference in the pics!
What I’d do with 10 more minutes:
- Put away the suitcase which goes back in the closet corner
- Dust the bookshelf by the back door
- Dust the headboard
- Put old magazines in the pile to donate (to assisted living home nearby)
- Vacuum (if mine worked)
- Clean the mirror
- Dust the picture frames and get down cobwebs
I don’t want you to think that 15 minutes solves everything – it’s not freezing time! But as you can tell just a few minutes on the big things can make a visual difference. I love my curtains here because it’s so easy to pull them closed and hide the clothes. You don’t need a lot of time to make the house look much better.
Next up: Master bathroom, kitchen and dining room!