I had high hopes for January but I was also out of town for 2 solid weeks so the number of projects I could conceivably complete was greatly reduced. However, I got a good start!
1. Garage – add security film to window
This one was a lot easier to install than the last privacy film – it was easy to reposition and remove to adjust. I got it on Amazon here for $10.
2. Living room – have fireplace tested and inspected
This one was a little “good news/bad news” situation. I had a professional company come out to inspect and clean the fireplace and overall it’s in good shape. However, there’s a crack in the floor of the fireplace which means heat can go down and impact the flooring, walls and create a lot of other problems. So it’s still do not use until I can budget and schedule to get that replaced. While I don’t use the fireplace very often, I do want it to be working properly.
10. Garage – trim out the window
As you can tell on the update above, I did manage to trim the window with 1x4s before I worked on the privacy film. Here’s a picture of it before I caulked all the joints:
There’s a small patch piece there on the window sill because I can’t fit my nail gun behind the clothes dryer to install it. I’m going to get some liquid nails and tape and see what I can do!
All in all, not a bad January! I have my next few projects in the works from this master list and I’ll be working throughout February to make good progress.